Registration for 2021 Spring Lacrosse is NOW OPEN!
Lake Washington Lacrosse Club (LWLAX) is pleased to announce that we have opened registration for our 2021 Spring season. Due to Governor Inslee's COVID State of Emergency, there are still details that will likely change as we move through the Safe Start Washington phased reopening plan. Additionally, we will have to contend with dependencies on other non-LAX sports programs, where shifting schedules may result in challenges securing fields for practices and games.
As of now, the plan is to start the season about a month later than the typical for LWLAX - moving out our first week of practice from mid-February to mid-March. To maximize the number of practices and games during the season, we are looking to extend the season into mid to late-June. These dates will be coordinated and finalized in collaboration with the WHSBLA (for high school) and GELL (for youth programs). Typically, GELL will follow the lead of WHSBLA, but this unprecedented year has shown that planning may see subtle alterations, causing a different start/end to the season at the high school and youth level.
We also realize there are summer select programs that typically begin their play at the beginning of June, so we will be working to minimize the impact of scheduling challenges created for players who opt to continue their play into the summer with select programs. We have spoken to directors for each of the travel programs in the area and they have assured us they will do their best to mitigate conflicts by starting their summer tournament season later than usual.
Please note that your 2021 registration fees cover two summer tournaments, which are typically paid for separately.
- Spring season for LWLAX high school and youth lacrosse programs
- Dedicated conditioning/training program included in registration for high school players
- 2 local summer tournaments in June (exact tournaments TBD) - YOUTH PROGRAMS ONLY
- Number of games varies by grade level
- New and returning players in the LWLAX school boundary
- Grades K - 12
- Early March
- OPEN FIELD - Similar to previous Try-LAX sessions, which allows new players the opportunity to try the sport before committing to the full season
- TRAINING SESSIONS - Dedicated performance trainer sessions for High School program
- Season starts (for all grade levels)
- Season ends
- Youth - June 20, 2021
- High School - June 26, 2021
- Practice schedules to be determined by grade level once field availability is known, likely in February 2021
- Youth - First practice March 15, 2021
- High School - First practice April 26, 2021
- Practice start/end times will vary by grade level
- 34 will practice Mon & Wed
- 56 will practice Tue & Thur
- 78 will practice Mon/Wed/Thur
- HS will practice Mon-Sat
- K2 will be held every Sunday, after LWSD Spring Break
- Lakeview Elementary field, Lake Washington High School field, Crestwood Park field, Rose Hill Elementary
- Washington State COVID guidelines to be made available to families as updates are made available to LWLAX
- Players, coaches, and families will be required to follow any updated guidance that the club must comply with
- Schedule changes due to COVID will be communicated as soon as they are made available to LWLAX
- Although this is a non-contact session, full gear including helmets, gloves, pads, and protective gear (mouth guards and cups) will be required
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING REFUNDS:
Due to Governor Inslee's COVID State of Emergency, we are planning to refund registration fees in the event the season is canceled prematurely. Refund amounts will be based on the following percentages if the season is canceled prior to the date shown.
- 03/01/2021: 90% refund [aligns with first practice]
- 03/21/2021: 70% refund
- 04/10/2021: 50% refund [aligns with first game]
- NO refund if season canceled after 04/10/2021
To be eligible for Lake Washington Lacrosse, you must attend one of the following schools:
K-5: Audubon, Ben Franklin, Peter Kirk, Lakeview, Rose Hill, Ben Rush, Mark Twain
6-8: Kirkland Middle, Rose Hill Middle
9-12: Lake Washington High
If you attend a private school that does NOT offer a lacrosse program, your home address must be within the Lake Washington High feeder pattern [click here for LWSD boundary maps].
US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
To register for Lake Washington Lacrosse programs in 2020, you must have a US Lacrosse membership that is valid through December 2020. Please check your membership status here before proceeding.