Registration for 2020 Fall Ball Lacrosse is NOW OPEN!
Lake Washington Lacrosse Club (LWLAX) is pleased to announce that we are opening fall ball skill clinics to help kids in the program shake off any rust that may have accumulated during the past 7 months. We are offering these clinics at NO COST to current players in the program, as well as to any new players looking to give the sport of lacrosse a try in 2020 and beyond. The primary goal of these clinics will be conditioning and skill development.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, players will have the opportunity to get more focused coaching with a 5:1 ratio (players to coach). Sessions will focus on shooting, passing, groundballs, and footwork. There will be no scrimmages or contact at this time (until the social distancing guidelines are relaxed). To keep our players and coaches safe, LWLAX will enforce strict adherence to several guidelines as recommended by the State of Washington, Centers for Disease Control, and US Lacrosse.
- Small group skill development & conditioning sessions
- 1-hour sessions with LWLAX coaches
- New and returning players in the LWLAX school boundary
- Grades 3 - 12
- 'Pods' of 5 players will be divided by grade and skill level and assigned a coach
- 10/24 - 11/22
- No sessions during the Thanksgiving weekend
- 60-minute sessions
- Schedule to be determined as kids register (likely Saturday between 12-2pm and Sunday TBD)
- Weekend slots made available upon contacting registered participants
- Practice start/end times will vary by grade level
- Kirkland and LWSD will not open our normal fields (Lakeview, Crestwoods, and LWHS) until Phase 3
- As such we are planning to utilize fields at Grass Lawn Park in the City of Redmond
- When our normal fields become available, we may move sessions to those fields
- Players will be assigned to a pod with 4 other players
- Players will stay with their pod for the entire 8-sessions
- Players will be assigned to pods as registration progresses
- Although this is a non-contact session, full gear including helmets, gloves, pads, and protective gear (mouth guards and cups) will be required
- Fall ball is a fantastic opportunity for all players in the LWLAX family to keep their stick skills sharp, improve their confidence, and further develop teamwork skills with the kids they will be playing with during Spring 2021
- Fall ball is also a great opportunity for boys playing other sports and new players to learn the fundamental lacrosse skills prior to the 2021 spring season
To be eligible for Lake Washington Lacrosse, you must attend one of the following schools:
K-5: Audubon, Ben Franklin, Peter Kirk, Lakeview, Rose Hill, Ben Rush, Mark Twain
6-8: Kirkland Middle, Rose Hill Middle
9-12: Lake Washington High
If you attend a private school that does NOT offer a lacrosse program, your home address must be within the Lake Washington High feeder pattern [click here for LWSD boundary maps].
US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
To register for Lake Washington Lacrosse programs in 2020, you must have a US Lacrosse membership that is valid through December 2020. Please check your membership status here before proceeding.